Tuesday 14 June 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag

Hello everyone! It's me, Unicorn.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the lack of blog posts in the last while. I've been extremely busy studying for my upcoming final exams and doing homework, and have had hardly any free time. Pegasus as also been having this same problem. But as my exams are now coming to a close, I decided to do a book tag! This tag was created by Megan on Goodreads, but I originally saw on on Books With Bite. Hope you enjoy!


1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

Unfortunately, yes, I do. I can't read in the car for very long without getting a headache.


2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Leigh Bardugo! I've only read Six Of Crows, but I really liked it. The style had a very different feel than that of the books I usually read.


3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

To be honest, I have no idea. I haven't read or watched Twilight, so I can't really say which I prefer. From what I've heard about Twilight, I'd have to say Harry Potter, because 1. All of the characters are amazing. 2. The world building is just fantastic and there's magic and wizards and witches and sorting hat ceremonies and Hogwarts and everything. 3. The Golden Trio is so perfect and I just want to be friends with them so badly.


4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?

I don't actually have a book bag. I usually take books to class with me in my bag, but that mainly just has binders and notebooks in it. So fascinating, I know. ;P


5. Do you smell your books?

Sometimes, yeah. You can't let all that delicious book smell go to waste, after all!


6. Books with or without little illustrations?

I have no trouble reading either, but I greatly prefer books with illustrations. Like Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, for instance. I also really want to read Ms Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs because it has photos, which look pretty epic.


7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?

I don't really know. I never reread books, so for most books I just go off of my first impression. Before I can realize the writing isn't good, I've usually already read 3 more books.


8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?

I'm trying so hard to remember something, but I really can't. I could literally do a whole post of embarrassing/funny stories, but I can't remember any book-related ones. :(


9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

My drawing prompts book, but that doesn't really count, because it just gives you drawing ideas. (It's pretty fantastic though.) The thinnest book on my shelf is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, which I have the paperback of.


10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo.


11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I actually write quite a bit. I have a ton of unfinished books on my laptop that I've written. I always come up with great ideas that I love but I never have the determination to finish writing them. Right now, I'm working on a new book. I really like the idea of it, but I don't know if I will ever finish it. If I do, I might post a bit of it on this blog. :)


12. When did you get into reading?

In grade one, my class had a ton of really short kid books, and our daily homework was to take home a maximum of two books and read them. Whenever we finished a book, we got a sticker, and we had to fill up a sticker sheet. Once that was filled, we moved onto a bigger, cooler sticker sheet, and so on. I took home 5 books a day. My classmates always told me I was cheating, since we were supposed to only take two a day, but I just really liked reading, so I kept doing it. The teacher was fine with it. :D


13. What is your favourite classic book?

I never read any classics. *lowers head in shame* I don't think I've ever really read any books I would consider classics. I really need to do that!


14. Was Math/Language Arts your best subject in school?

As you've probably figured from the beginning of this post, I'm still in school. English isn't my best subject overall. My best is drama, or maybe math. My worst is gym. Oh goodness, gym. I've always been so bad at gym. Most sports I like are never covered in gym, so I've never been good at it.


15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Thank the person for thinking of me and getting me a gift. Then I would probably return/exchange the book if there's a gift receipt, or give it to someone who would like to read it.


16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

I haven't read anything that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, now that I think about it. How weird.


17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?

I never really film things. But I feel like if I ever filmed with friends, I'd just laugh for most of it and not be able to focus on what we're trying to film.


18. What is your favourite word?

Bombinate and, as you may know because it's at the top of this blog, vellichor. I never really use either. I like vellichor because of the meaning and bombinate because of the sound. Bombinate. Bombinate. Hehehe.


19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

According to a venn diagram I found on the internet, a nerd is a combination of a dork, dweeb, and geek. Nerds have the qualities of all three combined; bad social skills, smarts, and they obsess over things a lot. I guess I'm a nerd?


20. Vampires or faeries? Why?

Faeries, I guess. Vampires are pretty terrifying and their whole blood thing kinda grosses me out.


21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?

I've never really read anything with either, but shapeshifting is pretty cool.


22. Spirits or werewolves?

If it's werewolves like in Harry Potter (e.g. Remus Lupin), then definitely werewolves.


23. Zombies or vampires?

Vampires, because zombies are just horrifying. I cannot read or watch or play anything with zombies. Nope, nope, nope.


24. Love triangle or forbidden love?

Definitely forbidden love. I like that much better than love triangles, unless they're well written.


25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Definitely action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in. But if it's a nice contemporary romance that's well written and has a few other topics as well, then I like that too.



I hope you enjoyed this tag! I tag Neha (and Ananya) at Ink Affairs. I highly suggest you check out their blog if you haven't already. They do a fantastic job!

Have a great day!


P.S. We probably should have saved some of the posts we did in March and April and kept them for times like this when we actually really need posts but don't have time to write them. I'm not much of a blogging expert, as you can tell, but I'll keep that in mind. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment