Wednesday 4 May 2016

Book Review - The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

 Before reading this book, I originally thought that The Power of Six was about Six (the character) and her journey in battling the Mogdorians. After reading a few chapters into the book, I realized that the title was actually based off of the fact that there were only six remaining Garde who need to fight off the Mogdorians. The book is still based out of Four's aka John Smith's perspective, but also Number Seven, who is known as Marina.


This book took me longer to get through than the first book (I am Number Four) because I found that the beginning was uneventful, therefore I wasn't glued to the pages. After reading to just less than halfway, I became more interested and excited to get to the end of the book. After finishing this book, I've decided that I really want to finish these series to find out what happens!!

I really like the character additions in this book, even a bit more than in the first book. My favourite new character (other than Marina) was Héctor. He was such a sweet character who really cared about Marina. He went so far to protect her; it really warmed my heart. I loved his thoughtfulness and compassion.

Marina was also a fantastic character, but what really exasperated me was how she acted in one of the battle scenes near the end of the book. (SPOILER ALERT. SKIP TO NEXT PARAGRAPH). When Héctor was hurt and he and Marina's chest were sinking to the ocean floor, Marina introduced herself to Six -- while Héctor was slowly dying!! This got me so mad!! There was a possibility that Héctor could've been saved, but Marina wasted precious seconds by introducing herself instead of going after Héctor. Why?!!!

Overall, I give this book 4 stars.


If you haven't read this book, I recommend it to you if you read I Am Number Four, and enjoyed it, or if you are a fan of alien related books. These series are an adequate book series, but are pretty good.

I know this was a shorter book talk than usual, but I hope you enjoyed it all the same.

Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment