Tuesday 5 April 2016

DIY Sticky-Note Calendar

Spring break is over! Which means school is starting! Which means lots and lots of studying, tests, quizzes, projects, essays, and other homework! I decided to make a sticky note calender to stay organized with school. It ended up looking pretty good! (I was focused more on making it functional than making it look pretty, though.) I also added a book-ish touch since I love reading and this is, of course, a book blog, so there has to be something book-related! ;P

YOU WILL NEED:

- Paper (preferably large & preferably thick)
- Sticky notes (preferably colourful ones)
- Scissors & glue
- Pen/pencil/marker
- Any decor you'd like (scrapbook paper, ribbons, Polaroids, stickers, washi tape, etc.)


HOW TO MAKE IT

The point of this calender is that you write on the sticky notes what you have to do that day, and then are able to rip them off and apply new ones when the month is over. So the instructions are fairly straight forward: decorate the page with whatever you've got & apply the sticky notes as if they're individual days on the calender.





I also wrote "Calender" on a piece of pretty scrapbook paper and glued it to the top. Beside it, I put a large sticky note and put a checklist of the books I plan to read that month. Every time you finish one, check the box so you can stay on track! You can also add books to the list during the month, or, if it gets too full, just put a new sticky note there.



















This is what the final product will look like!
I only had one green sticky note. Forgive me for making it not perfect! :P



As you can tell, I didn't have a piece of paper big enough to fit 30 sticky notes on, so I'll just have to put new ones on halfway through the month. I also didn't add much decor since there wasn't much space left, but you could do lots of stuff if you used a larger paper.
So whenever you have new things to write down, like a birthday, doctor's appointment, or just homework, you can write them onto the sticky notes, then when the new month comes along, tear them all off and put new ones back on!



This is a bit of a shorter post, but it has pictures, which is cool! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you do try this, let me know!
As always, have a really really great day, and enjoy spring break while it lasts! :D

P.S. After I did this, I realized that 'Calender' is the wrong spelling. A 'calender' is a machine that makes pages glossy. A 'calendar' is the thing above. The more you know..

No comments:

Post a Comment