Friday 11 March 2016

Book Talk - Winter by Merissa Meyer

Greetings fellow earthlings! It's me, Pegasus! I have just finished reading the book Winter, and am thrilled as I waited for it from the library for almost a year, or at least for what felt like a year. When I had put it on hold, there were already 65 holds, but I held on. By the time I got it, I had only a vague memory of what had happened in the other books, but luckily I remembered all the details quite quickly once I had cracked it open.
If you haven't started reading the Lunar Chronicle Series, I highly recommend that you do. And if you read the first book, I highly suggest that you continue in reading the rest of the series (hint, hint, Unicorn!)
Winter is the fourth book of the Lunar Chronicle Series and is a great concluding book to the series. There is still another book following it (Stars Above), but it is actually more of a background story to the series, rather than a continuation book.
Winter is the continuation of Cinder's journey with her friends, Scarlet, Wolf, Iko, Cress, Thorne, Jacin, and Winter. After getting quite familiar with the series, I felt as though I was able to connect with most of the characters -- except for Winter. She was, well, a compelling, yet complicated character; Winter often had awful hallucinations, such as blood pouring from the walls, which led to some people thinking she was crazy. She often referred to herself as damaged near the end of the book.
This book was about the rebellion that Cinder is causing so that she will possibly be able to take her rightful place on Luna -- as queen. Cinder is a brave character, who takes many risks to ensure that the people of Luna get what they deserve and that everyone is treated as equals. Maybe this is why I feel that I can connect with Cinder.
In this book, along with Cinder, Winter will try to help Cinder win a war that has been raging on for far too long.
Winter combines love, forgiveness, guilt, intensity, war, letting go of the past, fairy-tales, and even a bit of Star Wars.
One thing I wish was improved about the book was the pace of the book. I felt as though some parts of the book moved too slowly, causing too much anticipation, while other parts of the book went by rapidly.
I'd give this book a 4.5 stars, as it was a great concluding book, and very interesting and exciting.


It was also concluded well, which I was very happy about. I tend to find that many series end with a cliff-hanger, which I dislike. The way this book was concluded still may leave you wondering, but it satisfied my needs!!

If you like fairy-tale books, or Science Fiction, this is a very satisfying book.

Happy reading!


~ Pegasus

No comments:

Post a Comment